Kitchen grouts easily become dirty from day to day usage. However, cleaning grouts on the kitchen floor is not as easy as cleaning kitchen tiles.
There are many ways in which you can clean tile grouts. You can use DIY grout cleaners or buy cleaning shampoos from the store. Each of the methods has different benefits.
Without any further due, let us jump into it right away.
What do you need to clean grout on kitchen floor?
1. OXO Good Grips Deep Clean Brush Set
The multifunction OXO deep clean brush comes with a deep clean mechanism.
The larger one is good for cleaning grouts, top of stoves, and doorknobs while the smaller one is good for cleaning spaces of less width and are difficult to reach.
There is also a wiper blade at the end of a smaller brush. It has a non-slip grip with ultra-durable and soft bristles.
Average Customer Review Score (Out of 5): 4.5
- The brush does not slip even on wet surfaces
- The nylon bristles are ultra-durable
- Lightweight and portable
- Not ideal for extremely thin areas
2. Soft Scrub Gel Cleanser with Bleach
The soft scrub gel cleaner also works as a disinfectant. Using this helps you by doing two tasks at the same time.
It cleans your floor and also removes the germs which are present there. Along with that, it has got bleach in it and no harmful disinfectants.
Its gel-based formula can deep cleanse your tiles and grouts.
Average Customer Review Score (Out of 5): 4.8
- Good for use on countertops, tiles, and grouts
- Do not require too much scrubbing
- Ideal to be used on most surfaces
- The smell of the gel disinfectant may not be liked by everyone
3. Krud Kutter Concentrated Cleaner and Degreaser
Using the Krud Kutter cleaner, you can clean and degrease any surface very fast without having to put in too much effort.
It is well known for its ability to clean even the most stubborn stains from any surface.
You will get your greasy items cleaned and degreased both at the same time.
Average Customer Review Score (Out of 5): 4.4
- Good to be used on any surface
- Has multipurpose usage
- Removes the toughest of stains
- May not work on paint
How to clean white grout on the kitchen floor?
White grouts get dirty the fastest. But to clean it, you need to nose to the grindstone.
The grouts on the kitchen floor are more prone to becoming dirty than kitchen walls or any other area.
So let us have a look at how you can clean white grout on the kitchen floor with DIY cleaner.
- Wear gloves to prevent hand irritation
- Mix equal portions of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide in a bowl.
- Take a grout cleaning brush and apply the DIY grout cleaner to the grouts.
- If you do not feel comfortable applying the cleaner with a brush, you can spray it too.
- Then scrub the grouts gently with the grout cleaning brush for quite some time.
- Rinse the area with warm water.
- Repeat the process for any region where the grout is still not clean.
How to clean grout on kitchen floor tiles with chemical cleaners?
All this time we were discussing how you can clean grouts on the kitchen floor using your DIY grout cleaner.
If you do not want to go through the hassle of preparing it all manually, then you can use chemical cleaners such as bleach.
Also, bleach is a great solution for cleaning grouts that are extremely dirty.
Here is the step-by-step guide on cleaning grout on kitchen floor tiles.
- Wear gloves to prevent skin irritation.
- Take a small cup and pour a small amount of bleach into the cup.
- Take a grout cleaning brush and dip it into the bleach.
- Apply bleach on your kitchen floor tiles grout using the dipped brush.
- After applying bleach, you need to scrub it.
- Rinse the area with lukewarm water.
- Allow the grout to dry.
- If you see any portion still dirty, then do not hesitate to repeat the process.
Open the doors and windows to ensure maximum ventilation when using harsh chemical cleaners. This will reduce the formation and concentration of fumes which can cause breathing difficulties later on.
A couple of great DIY Grout Cleaners tried and tested
I have personally prepared, tried, and tested some DIY grout cleaners. From there, some were top-notch, while the others did not give satisfactory results.
So here are the winners.
1. DIY Grout Cleaner Winner 1
Mix 1 tablespoon of dishwashing liquid soap, ½ cups of baking soda, and ¼ cups of hydrogen peroxide and make it into a paste.
Directions of use:
Use a toothbrush to apply the DIY cleaner paste to your dirty grouts and then give it a good scrub. Let it sit for a while and rinse it with lukewarm water.
Allow the grouts to dry. Repeat the process for any area that still needs another session of cleaning.
2. DIY Grout Cleaner Winner 2
Here the ingredients are even simpler, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
You do not need to prepare anything here. You will need to use both of them separately.
Directions of use:
At first, sprinkle baking soda into the grouts of your kitchen floor.
After that, spray hydrogen peroxide on the appropriate regions and let it sit for a while.
Give it a good scrub with a grout cleaning brush. Then, wipe it off with a dry cotton cloth or a towel.
Kitchen grouts are one of those areas which get dirty before anything else. However, when you try to clean them, they do not get clean so easily.
Cleaning grout on the kitchen floor takes a good deal of effort if you do not know the proper steps.
So to clean the grouts properly, you can follow the detailed step-by-step guide above and get sparkling clean grouts without any hassle.
You may like to read How to get rid of black ants in the kitchen is the easiest way?